Monday, April 10, 2017

From Jody Kriss Vegan Website: The Ethics of Eating Animal Products

See Jody Kriss Respond on Why He Picked to Go Vegan

I decided to think today about whether perhaps Im wrong to think that eating a plant-based diet for ethical reasons is correct. So I sought out the arguments from the other side to see for myself if I could be convinced that my position deserves reconsideration. I will summarize below what I found to be the best arguments.

The NY Times held a contest recently for people to make their best case for either veganism or meat-eating. In it one of the authors stated his case which I paraphrase here. The reasons not to eat meat were all ethical. The ethical reasons of why NOT to eat meat are obvious: animals are raised and killed in cruel conditions; grain that could feed hungry people is fed to animals; the need for pasture fuels deforestation; and by eating meat, one is implicated in the killing of a sentient being.

The best this author c ould muster is that eating meat raised in some specific circumstances is ethical just as eating vegetables raised in some circumstances is unethical.

Read more from the www.jodykrissvegan.comor follow Jody Kriss on his social media for more updates:

No comments:

Post a Comment